Enjoy amazing Argentina dove hunting, pigeon hunting, ducks and perdiz through one of 9 Five-Star luxury shooting lodges offered by Wing Shooting Cordoba in both Argentina and Uruguay. Contact Wing Shooting Cordoba for specials, pending dates, availability and group size.
Tucuman Lodge: The lodge is ideally located in the center of the new frontier in wing shooting in Argentina and near the borders of Catamarca, Santiago del Estero, and Tucuman Provinces.
Argentina Doves Unlimited -- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I have cell service? Do you have Wi-Fi? Do I need a satellite phone? Our lodge has both cell phone service and wi-fi internet. Devices like Blackberry, Iphone, etc. work well here and you can download your messages and also send from your device. The phone carriers in our area are: Claro, Personal, and Movistar. It is a good idea to check with your carrier to make sure that you have service. You don't need to waste money on a satellite phone unless you need to call whenever you want to from isolated locations. We have Wi-Fi at the lodge. We have a computer to lend if you want to leave yours at home and use a borrowed computer to check email.
2. What if someone needs to get a hold of me in the case of an emergency? We don't have a phone at the lodge but we do have cell phone service. You can get an urgent message by emailing ADU and Rance Rathie, and by calling two phone numbers. ADU: firstname.lastname@example.org or Rance: email@example.com; You can also call the following numbers: 011 54 9 381 4192209 (Adolfo cell phone) or 011 54 9 2945 548353 (Rance cell phone).
3. What's the weather going to be like? What are the daily temperatures? Tucuman has a moderate climate throughout the winter and temperatures range from about 55 degrees to about 80 degrees depending on the month you are hunting. A normal day requires a sweater or jacket in the morning, long or short sleeve shirt throughout the afternoon, and then a sweater in the evening with temperatures from about 50 degrees to 75 degrees. Winter is the dry season, but it can occasionally rain, so be prepared for rain and always carry your rain jacket.
4. What kind of shells do you provide? How much do they cost? ADU uses exclusively RD shells manufactured in Tucuman about one hour from the lodge. The best shot for gun performance is number 7 and the load for 20 gauge is 25 grams. The cost per box of shells is $13.00 and you are only charged for what you shoot. Payment for shells should be made by cash or by personal check and shell reservations are recommended.
5. Do you have guns for rent? How much do they cost? Should I bring my own gun? We have new Beretta autoloaders for our guests to rent at $75 per gun per day. Guns are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards and the last thing we want is for you to have a problem with your guns or our guns. If you are particular to your shotgun, you should bring it the process is not complicated but the estimated cost to do so at the time of this writing is $100 per gun for paperwork plug additional baggage charges. You will also have to clear customs in Buenos Aires with your gun, which will consume some time. The price to rent is about the same cost that you would have to pay to bring your own without the paperwork, luggage, or customs issues.
6. What kind of shooting do you offer? How many shells per day can I shoot? What are the hours of shooting? We feel that a good variety of unlimited shooting is what everyone wants. We always communicate with the hunter to try to locate the ideal place depending on their desires for the session. We shoot in distinct locations depending on the day and the season and where the birds are traveling to feed. It is common to shoot away from the roosting areas, especially in the morning when the birds are flying to feed, going to water, and returning to pre-roosting areas. Shooting directly in the roost or too close is not allowed to ensure that the birds fly consistently and don't go looking for other areas to roost.
You will be shooting over corn, soybean, sorghum, sunflower, and grain fields depending on the bird's choice for the day and what is being harvested or planted. There are a couple of feed lots in the area, which offer some exciting shooting and some pre-roosting areas that will blow the mind of even the most traveled dove hunter. Your blind can be selected for high shots, in your face shots, easy, challenging, left to right, right to left, straight over head, or basically whatever you want. It is up to you and your desires. You can shoot an unlimited number of shells per day and the numbers of birds traveling to and from the roost will blow you away. We normally shoot from about 8:00 in the morning until about 11:30 or 12:00, when we take a break for lunch. Then returning to shoot again from about 3:00 to about 6:30 in the evening.
7. Does each hunter have a bird-boy and loader? Do you clean the guns? Each hunter is provided a bird-boy who keeps track of the numbers of birds you shoot and also loads your shotgun for you. At the end of the shoot, your bird boy collects the doves and shot shells. The bird boy is in constant radio communication with the head guide in case you need gun parts or anything throughout the shoot. He also provides cold or hot drinks and generally is your host in the field. They are well trained and are there to assist you throughout the shoot. Your gun will be cleaned, oiled, and maintained (if necessary) after each shoot.
8. Should I bring travelers checks? How much cash do I need? Do I need Argentine Pesos? Can I use credit cards? We don't recommend bringing travelers checks as they are difficult to exchange and the rate of exchange is normally poor. You will need enough cash to pay for some personal shopping in Buenos Aires. Cash is appreciated for ADU guides and staff gratuity (see suggested tipping above and the note about new or like new bills). You can use credit cards in most places in Argentina but it is recommend to have some Argentine pesos for taxis, small shops, tips, etc. Your shell bill and any unpaid fees should be paid by personal check.
9. Do you have laundry service? You can get small loads of laundry done from one day to the next for a minimal charge of about $10 per load. If you leave your laundry in our clothes hamper before shooting, it is likely that your laundry will be done that evening
10. Do I need a converter? What kind of electricity does the lodge have? Argentina uses 220 volt electricity. The USA uses 110 volt. We have all the adaptors you will need to charge your digital camera, your computer, your CPAP Machine, etc; however, you might need one at a hotel in Buenos Aires. In this case, they will probably provide you with one, but taking one might not be a bad idea in this case. Argentina uses standard two pin European plugs in most places. If you aren't sure of the voltage, look on the charger or your electronic; most every electronic produced in the past 10 years takes 100 - 240 volts. It is safe to just plug them in and charge them. The lodge has electricity 24-hours per day.
11. Why should I shoot in Tucuman? Why should I choose Argentina Doves Unlimited? Tucuman offers the best of unlimited dove hunting in Argentina without competition for flyways or ranches. We searched for years to find the location and are now proud to offer it to you. Our guides have many years of experience dove hunting and our experience in hosting international hunters and fishermen over the past ten years shows from the moment you arrive. We are dedicated to providing the best in hunting, equipment, lodging, food and beverage. If you are dissatisfied in any way, we'll make it right immediately. If we can't fulfill your desires or exceed your expectations, we'll refund the unused portion of your hunting trip without any questions.
There are several flights per day to Tucuman and you can also fly into and out of Catamarca and Santiago del Estero, which are equal distance from the lodge. Without question or flight problems, you will be able to shoot a half day upon arrival and a half day upon departure. You came to shoot and we'll make sure that you spend as much time as you want in the field.
We have full service agents and work with you from the first contact to ensure that your travel is pleasant and easy. Our agents in Buenos Aires can fulfill and desire or expectation, help you clear your guns without any problems, and introduce you to a very friendly and beautiful city.
Our lodge is first class and the service, food, and beverage is first class. Apart from having the best in hunting, you will also enjoy an incredibly relaxing and beautiful place to stay.
It is a good idea to take your guns to a gun shop to get them cleaned and tuned up before you come down and put thousands of shells through them. Your gunsmith can recommend extra parts and replace anything that might break on your vacation. In Argentina, we will maintain and clean your guns daily but being prepared for the unexpected failure is necessary so any parts and tools you can bring could get you back up and shooting within minutes. We have guns for rent and extra guns in the field in case there is a failure
You can travel with your guns to Argentina; however, the fees required, process of filling out paperwork, and actually carrying your gun might encourage you to consider renting one of our guns. We can provide every hunter with a gun or even two for each shoot for $75 per day. We shoot exclusively 20-gague Beretta autoloaders, which are new and meticulously cleaned and maintained. A gun reservation should be made in advance to be sure you get what you need. As our company grows, we expect to also add over and unders in both 20 and 28-gague.
If you want to bring your own gun, the process is simple, read on. Hunters may arrive into Argentina without prior permission from the Argentine Consulate or any other authority. The police at Argentina's international airport will provide you with the Technical Form, which must be filled out in triplicate. The authorities will sign and stamp all three copies and keep the first copy. You must keep the second and third copy. This is your gun permit allowing you to possess, transport and use the firearm. It is important to keep these documents safe as you will need to provide the third copy to the police authority when leaving the country, at which time the police authority will verify the exit of the corresponding firearms. Your gun permit or Techinal Form will expire ninety days after entry of the weapon to the country and each gun is charged 300 pesos or about $85 to $100 dollars depending on exchange rate. You can find all this information and download the Technical Form at: http://www.renar.gov.ar/index.php?seccion=circuito_en
It is important to register your gun with United States customs prior to your departure at the international airport allowing you to return with your gun without any problems. You must be sure to fill out "Certificate of Registration for Personal Effects Taken Abroad" prior to departure from your international airport. The form you need to fill can be downloaded here: http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/cbp_form_4457.pdf
Our Argentina travel agency will provide a person to assist with the Argentina paperwork and clearing your gun upon arrival into Argentina, so using one of our agents will save you time and make the process efficient.
Once you make your hunting reservation with ADU, you will want to book the rest of your trip. We recommend that you use one of our agents (below) to ensure first class service and a seamless transition. We have no motive economically or otherwise in recommending these agencies other than they provide absolutely best in prices, service, and will save you time. They will also be there for you if you encounter any problems or need any help along the way.
Most cities in the United States and Europe have direct flights to Buenos Aires. Your flights should be booked from your city of origin to Buenos Aires and then from Buenos Aires to either Tucuman, Catamarca or Santiago del Estero, which are all about equal distance from the lodge. Argentine airports allow you to fly into one airport and out of another without penalty. There is no penalty for one way tickets, so with the three airports, there are more options for arrivals and departures to allow you to hunt on the way in and the way out and optimize your time with ADU. Ask us for our advice if you have any questions.
Listed below are two options for booking your travel reservations. The process is really quite simple: give your complete information to our agents and let them do the work for you. They know where you are going and what you need to get to the world's best wing shooting.
Use the travel service provided by Holdy Tours to get all your travel services all in one place. Holdy Tours, an Argentine American run travel agency located in Walnut Creek CA, has been in business for twenty-five years and specializes in travel to Argentina especially for the sportsman. Our personal contact, Alicia Regueiro, knows exactly what you need, and we highly recommend her service to get the best attention and an all in one package from your city of departure to ADU's doorstep. Alicia works together with their sister agency in Buenos Aires and also with ADU to make sure there are no confusions between dates and times of flights, transfers, hotels, and ADU's programs in Tucuman. Request service from Alicia for any or all of the following:
If you already have a travel agent to book your flights for you or have booked your travel yourself, Gaia and LOL Argentina is probably a perfect fit for the rest of your vacation. Gaia is the best intermediary between your arrival in Buenos Aires and your stay with ADU. She personally meets and greets at the international airport, helps with any issues you might have had at the international airport (lost luggage, etc.), and briefs you on the transfer into the city to your hotel or to the domestic airport on what is going on in the city. Gaia and her staff arrange transfers, hotels, tours, and constantly communicates with ADU throughout your stay in the city. One of the many nice services they provide is complete airport assistance, which can be invaluable to help prevent overweight baggage charges and to assist with any delayed flights or other issues. If you use their service, you can also think of them as your concierge to the city of Buenos Aires. They can recommend and make dinner reservations, get you tickets to events, show you around the city, help you with any questions, or just enjoy a drink and get to know you. Please count on Gaia and her staff to provide you with a memorable experience in Buenos Aires. Please contact LOL Argentina and request any of the following: